Varanasi: India’s ideology of “Vasudhaiva Kutumbkam” is giving the modern world an integrated vision and solutions, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday as he launched a series of initiatives to eliminate tuberculosis.
He was addressing the ‘One World TB Summit’ on World TB Day.
“India’s image reflects in its ideology of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbkam’ (one world one family). This old thought is giving modern world an integrated vision and solutions,” Modi said.
He launched several initiatives, including TB-free panchayats, pan-India rollout of a shorter TB Preventive Treatment (TPT) and a family-centric care model for tuberculosis.
Help sustain honest journalism.
Modi also released India’s Annual TB Report for 2023.
The prime minister laid the foundation stone of the National Centre for Disease Control and High Containment (BSL) Laboratory here and unveiled the site for Metropolitan Public Health Surveillance Unit (MSU).
Also Read | India has taken a quantum leap in leveraging digital health solutions: Mandaviya
- Meghalaya: Garo Hills NGO questions law against ‘standing passengers’
- Sans Darjeeling leaf: Other tea types see big rise in demand in Sale 23
- China’s Qinghai-Tibet ecosystem legislation is a landmark, but for whom?
- 50 new medical colleges approved in India this year: Sources
- Tripura to develop ‘Weekend tourism hub’ around Ujjayanta Palace
- LS polls preparations: EC begins ‘first level check’ of EVMs across India