New Delhi: Ten Indians are stuck in remote parts of earthquake-hit Turkey but they are safe while one citizen is missing, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said on Wednesday.
Secretary (West) in the MEA Sanjay Verma said the Indians in Turkey are relatively safe.
He said the government is in touch with the family members of the Indian who is missing in Turkiye.
Help sustain honest journalism.
India has already sent relief materials to Turkey in four military transport aircraft.
The death toll in Turkey and Syria due to the 7.3-magnitude earthquake has gone past 11,000.
Also Read | India hands over six tonnes of relief materials to quake-hit Syria
- Ruckus hit Tripura Assembly as Kokborok script stir war of words
- Sikkim reports 6 new COVID-19 cases
- Literary body apologises over its Assamese-Bengali ‘gamosa’
- Meghalaya wants private investors to run MCCL in PPP mode: Conrad K Sangma
- Manipur: Former minister RV Mingthing dies at 92
- China silent on reports of skipping G20 meet in Arunachal Pradesh