Kathmandu: A 42-year-old Indian tourist was found dead in a hotel room here in Nepal’s capital, according to the police.
Saikat Ganguly was found dead on Tuesday in his room at Hotel Lily in Thamel, the tourist hub of Kathmandu, the Tourist Police said.
The reason for the death has not been ascertained yet.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The body was sent to the Forensic Department of the Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital for post-mortem, the police said.
Further investigation into the case is underway.
Also Read | 5.9-magnitude earthquake jolts Western Nepal
- Promise Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Assam: Guwahati’s air quality slips into ‘poor’ category
- Surrogate mother may not be genetically related to child born: Centre to SC
- World’s first environmental clean-up happened 400 million years ago
- JAC seeks clarity on ‘Sikkimese’ definition after SC’s revised order
- 10 Indians stuck in remote areas of quake-hit Turkey, but safe: MEA