Kolkata: A Border Security Force (BSF) jawan was injured after smugglers attacked him at the Indo-Bangla border in Krishnanagar area of West Bengal’s Nadia district.
According to a BSF statement, the incident happened this morning in the Sikra border outpost when four Bangladeshi smugglers tried to enter India illegally.
Help sustain honest journalism.
“As the BSF trooper confronted the smugglers, he was brutally attacked by the smugglers. The smugglers looted the weapon of the jawan, and they fled towards Bangladesh. The injured jawan was later admitted to a hospital,” the statement said.
The BSF later conducted a flag meeting with Border Guard Bangladesh to recover the weapon and arrest the culprits.
- COVID remains a global emergency, WHO says. What does it mean?
- Travellers from G20 nations can use UPI for payments in India: RBI
- How to reduce toxic pollutants that build up inside our homes
- Sunak extends military training support as Ukraine President makes UK visit
- Sri Lankan Prez says he will continue with his unpopular decisions
- Promise Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones