Guwahati: China is building a 60,000-megawatt dam on the Yarlung Tsangpo River, according to sources from the Ministry of Power. The under-construction dam is on the Medog border which is in close proximity to Arunachal Pradesh.
According to sources, China can divert the water of the Brahmaputra River after the construction of the dam.
By stopping the water from China’s dam, it may cause water shortage or a flood-like situation in Arunachal Pradesh and Assam
Help sustain honest journalism.
Adding to this, the source from the Ministry of Power said that not just India, but the construction of the dam might also affect Bangladesh.
India is well prepared for any situation, the source further said.
“India is also preparing many dams in Arunachal Pradesh,” it added.
- CBI nabs 2 NF Railway engineers in bribery case
- Meghalaya 2023: 11 candidates from 3 EGH constituencies file nominations
- Manipur: 3 insurgents, including one woman, arrested in separate ops
- Meghalaya 2023: AL Hek’s rally sees hundreds of supporters
- BJP will win the minority vote in Tripura 2023: Pratima Bhoumik
- New Music Monday: Evangeline, SAD B!TCH, Stunt Double & more