New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday greeted people on the occasion of Pongal, Magh Bihu and Makar Sankranti.
“Best wishes on Magh Bihu. I hope this festival deepens our bond with nature and furthers the atmosphere of joy,” Modi said in a tweet.
“Pongal greetings to everyone, particularly the Tamil people worldwide. May this festival bring happiness and wonderful health in our lives,” he said.
The prime minister also greeted people on Makar Sankranti.
Help sustain honest journalism.
While Makar Sankranti is a festival dedicated to the Sun God, ‘Magh Bihu’ is when the annual harvest takes place.
Pongal is a four-day harvest festival dedicated to the Sun God.
Also read | Regional parties will be important in 2024 LS polls: Amartya Sen
- Nagaland observes World Tuberculosis Day
- TB to be eliminated by 2025: Manipur health minister Sapam Ranjan Singh
- India’s largest hydropower project to commence soon: Arunachal Dy CM
- Manipur: One PLA insurgent arrested in Bishnupur
- Does it matter what time I go to bed?
- Charred bodies of 3 Mizoram residents found inside Myanmar territory