Kolkata: West Bengal has been adjudged as the Best Destination for Culture by a global organisation of travel writers , Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Monday.
The award will be conferred at the World Tourism and Aviation Leaders’ Summit in Berlin on March 9, 2023, the chief minister said.
“I am proud to announce that Pacific Area Travel Writers Association, an affiliate of the UN World Tourism Organisation, will confer WB with the International Travel Award 2023, for Best Destination for Culture,” Banerjee tweeted.
Noting that West Bengal has made its mark on the global cultural map, the chief minister congratulated all residents of the state for the achievement.
Also Read | Party is united, we don’t silence anyone: Cong
- Assam: Submission date under Mission Basundhara 2.0 extended
- Meghalaya: CRPF celebrates ‘Raising Day’ in Tura
- Itanagar police seized heroin worth Rs 90 lakh, arrest 21 peddlers in March
- Palm Sunday 2023: Wishes and greetings for your loved ones
- Tripura to host G20 conclave on clean energy from Monday
- Arunachal: Army personnel dies in landslide, body recovered after 4 days