Kolkata: At least 40 people were injured after the bus in which they were travelling overturned at Bagnan in West Bengal’s Howrah district in the early hours of Monday, police said.
“The condition of five of the injured is critical,” they said.
The accident happened around 3 am when the bus, which was headed to Digha, turned turtle at Chandrapur on National Highway-16, a senior police officer said.
The injured passengers are undergoing treatment at Uluberia Sub-divisional Hospital, he said.
“There were 70 passengers in the bus… The cause of the accident is yet to be ascertained,” the officer said.
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 26
- Legendary hero Lachit Barphukan has got his due: Historian Vikram Sampath
- Mumbai terror attacks: Nation remembers with gratitude all those we lost, says Prez Murmu
- Vote NPF for development of Nagaland: Party leader Thenucho Tunyi
- Hardcore: Elon Musk’s management style case study in what not to do
- Meghalaya firing: NHRC issues notice to Assam & Meghalaya