New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Thursday condoled the loss of lives in a landslide at a railway construction site in Manipur’s Noney district, terming the incident extremely distressing.
At least 8 people were killed and dozens went missing after the massive landslide at Tupul yard railway construction camp on Wednesday night, officials said.
The 8 bodies have been retrieved so far and dozens are feared trapped under the debris, they said.
“The news of a tragic landslide near Tupul Yard railway construction camp in Noney District, Manipur is extremely distressing,” Gandhi said on Twitter.
“My condolences to the bereaved families who have lost their loved ones and prayers for speedy recovery of those injured,” he said.
- US-China relationship unlikely to improve soon: Singapore PM Lee
- Students stage protest against massive fuel price hike in Bangladesh
- Dalai Lama congratulates Vice President-elect Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Assam: 24 families wait 30 years to rebuild homes after erosion
- Sikkim: Reform Call questions celebration of ‘Jan Unmukti Diwas’
- Assam: Environmentalists meet to review Forest Conservation Rules