Mumbai: Shiv Sena leader Eknath Shinde will be the new chief minister of Maharashtra, BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis said on Thursday.
The dramatic announcement came after Fadnavis and Shinde met Governor B S Koshyari at Raj Bhavan.
It was considered a foregone conclusion that Fadnavis will become the CM for the third time, in alliance with the Shinde-led Sena rebels.
Fadnavis said Shinde will be sworn in as CM at Raj Bhavan at 7.30 pm on Thursday.
Also read: Murmu, Sinha in fray for presidential poll after scrutiny of papers
- India to unveil new Foreign Trade Policy 2023-28
- Former civil servants condemn Rijiju’s remarks on judiciary in open letter
- FSSAI allows labelling curd in regional names amid controversy
- Meghalaya: Asian leopard cat rescued by GHADC forest officials
- IOC asks IOA to appoint CEO without further delay
- Assam: Rabha Unions’ demand CBI probe into death of BSF constable