Mumbai: Shiv Sena leader Eknath Shinde will be the new chief minister of Maharashtra, BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis said on Thursday.
The dramatic announcement came after Fadnavis and Shinde met Governor B S Koshyari at Raj Bhavan.
It was considered a foregone conclusion that Fadnavis will become the CM for the third time, in alliance with the Shinde-led Sena rebels.
Fadnavis said Shinde will be sworn in as CM at Raj Bhavan at 7.30 pm on Thursday.
- Jagdeep Dhankhar sworn in as 14th Vice-President of India
- Indian researchers awarded at global astronomy meet in South Korea
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for August 11
- Active Covid cases in country decline to 1,25,076
- Manipur govt tells staff to exit ‘anti-national’, ‘communal’ social media groups
- Bengal logs 519 new COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths