Muzaffarnagar (UP): A 48-year-old man was shot at after he objected to a neighbour’s pet defecating in the sand he purchased for constructing a house here, police said on Tuesday.
Victim Sukrampal is being treated at the hospital and his condition is critical, they said.
According to police, Sukrampal had piled up the sand near his under-construction house in Titawi village under Titaei police station limits.
However, his neighbour Ashu’s pet dog had been defecating in this pile of sand and he had raised an objection to it.
This led to a confrontation between the two parties and on Monday evening, Ashu allegedly pumped a bullet into Sukrampal, leaving him critically injured, Station House Officer Mukesh Solanki said.
The accused is absconding and efforts are underway to nab him, he added.
Also read | Over 150 Sikhs in Kabul gurudwara counting days to come to India
- India to host Miss World pageant for the first time in 27 years
- What is organic food and how to identify organic products?
- India’s Samudrayaan project on track: Rijiju
- Heatwave conditions likely to continue for 3 more days in Bengal
- Nagaland: 16-yr-old Tenloi Phom secures silver in National school games
- Arunachal athletes battling for life after deadly accident