New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday launched a special series of coins that are also ‘visually impaired friendly’.
The coins of Re 1, Rs 2, 5, 10 and 20 denominations will have the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav (AKAM) design are not commemorative coins and will be part of circulation.
“These new series of coins will remind people of the goal of amrit kal and motivate people to work towards the development of the country,” Modi said while addressing the iconic week celebration of the Ministry of Finance.
Modi also launched the ‘Jan Samarth portal’ — a credit-linked portal of 12 government schemes.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said each of these schemes will be displayed on the portal. “This portal is going to make it easy so that citizens does not have to ask the same questions every time to avail himself a government programme”.
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for June 30
- Landslide in Manipur’s Noney extremely distressing: Rahul
- PM Modi speaks to Manipur CM, assures all help in Noney tragedy
- Eknath Shinde to be Maharashtra chief minister
- Man held over social media post threatening PM Modi, Amit Shah
- Mizoram reports 39 new COVID-19 cases, daily positivity rate 10.1%