Rishikesh: A 62-year-old pilgrim from Odisha was seriously injured after being hit by a rock falling from a hill when he was on the way to the Kedarnath pilgrimage site on Thursday, officials said.
Panchanan Baurai, a resident of Jharusuguda in Orissa, was hit by a rock falling from the hillside when he was going with his wife from Gaurikund towards Ghoda Padav on the way to Kedarnath, an official at AIIMS, Rishikesh, where the man is under treatment, said.
The pilgrim was first taken to a hospital in Rudraprayag from where he was rushed in a helicopter to AIIMS, Rishikesh, he said.
He has sustained serious head injuries, the official said.
The man is admitted to the trauma centre of the hospital, he added.
- PM Modi meets UP ministers in Lucknow, stresses on good governance
- Rajnath Singh launches 2 indigenously built warships ‘Surat’ and ‘Udaygiri’
- Trained sniffer dogs may detect Covid infected airport passengers: Study
- WPI inflation at record high in April on price rise across all items
- Manipur: Even floods can’t stop these kids from coming to school in Noney
- Govt OKs exporting wheat registered with customs prior to ban