New Delhi: The Union Cabinet on Wednesday hiked Dearness Allowance (DA) and Dearness Relief (DR) by 3 per cent to 34 per cent to benefit over 1.16 crore central government employees and pensioners.
The additional instalment will be effective from January 1, 2022, said an official release after the Cabinet meeting.
“This increase is in accordance with the accepted formula, which is based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission,” it said.
The combined impact on the exchequer on account of both Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief will be Rs 9,544.50 crore per annum.
This will benefit about 47.68 lakh central government employees and 68.62 lakh pensioners, the release said.
- Tripura polls: BJP’s key poll plank will be development, says Assam CM
- Khelo India Youth Games to commence in Madhya Pradesh
- Go Green: Nagaland bride shuns flower waste for organic veggies
- Gandhi’s image is under scrutiny 75 years after his assassination
- Security beefed up in poll-bound Tripura on last day of filing nomination
- Assam: 68 inmates shifted to new transit camp in Goalpara