New Delhi: Over 2,000 personnel belonging to the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) like the CRPF and BSF died in action in the last three years, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
Union Minister of State for Home Nityanand Rai said among those who lost their lives in the line of duty in 2019, 2020 and 2021 were 1,995 non-gazetted officers and 47 gazetted officers.
Among the central armed police forces, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) lost the highest 950 personnel, the Border Security Force (BSF) lost 728 personnel, while the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) lost 103 personnel, he said replying to a written question.
Rai also said the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) lost 25 personnel, the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) 24 personnel and the Assam Rifles 13 personnel.
- Meghalaya delegations meets Assam CM over setting up of BOPs
- Centre issues guidelines for MSOs to run platform services
- SC to consider listing Bilkis Bano’s plea against remission, release of 2002 rape, murder convicts
- Festivals like Manipur’s Sangai enrich country’s cultural heritage: PM
- Assam: Himanta distributes scooters to meritorious students
- Congress prez Kharge hits out at Modi govt for stopping scholarships for minority students