Prayagraj: More than 1.80 lakh devotees have taken a holy dip in the Ganga here till Tuesday afternoon on the occasion of Mahashivratri, an official said.
A large number of Shiva devotees are doing ‘abhishekham’ with water and milk since morning at the Nagvasuki temple in Daraganj and the Mankameshwar temple on the banks of the Yamuna, an official of the Magh Mela Authority said.
The administration has arranged six ghats for the bathers on Mahashivratri, the last bathing festival of Magh Mela, he said.
As devotees thronged to the Shiva temples on the occasion, necessary facilities have been ensured around Someshwar Mahadev, Mankameshwar and Nag Vasuki temples and proper parking arrangements have also been made, the official said.
He said that apart from this, about 650 toilets have also been arranged in the Mela area. In the places where toilets are not available, arrangements have been made for mobile toilets of the Municipal Corporation.
Three first aid centres and a hospital is also operational in the Mela area, he added.
- Assam Cong announces state-wide agitation from Oct 3 against power tariff hike
- Tripura HC stays Trial Court ruling against WhatsApp
- Is it normal to forget words while speaking? And when can it spell a problem?
- How to effectively manage methane emissions from Indian landfills
- Should people who are forced to cross borders due to climate change be recognised as refugees?
- Megaherbivores could be a potential solution to manage invasive plants, finds study