New Delhi: Law Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday accused Samajwadi Party leader Akhilesh Yadav of insulting Lord Buddha by allegedly not accepting his bust at an election rally in Uttar Pradesh.
Rijiju shared a video of Yadav purportedly not receiving the bust being given to him as a gift and apparently asking that it be kept backstage. The rally took place in Kaushambhi a few days ago.
Several BJP leaders too have accused the SP chief of insulting Lord Buddha.
“I knew that Akhilesh Yadav was never serious about the sentiments of Dalits, but this open insult of Lord Buddha is an insult of India’s ethos,” the Union minister tweeted in Hindi.
Kaushambhi is a major pilgrimage site for Buddhists.
Setting up environment council will help accelerate climate action: Experts
- Centralised board to recruit college teachers in Assam: Minister
- Lie detectors: body language tells little about honesty
- Does Anubhav Sinha’s ‘Bheed’ fail to show true tragedy of the pandemic?
- ICMR study to assess connection between heart attack deaths, Covid
- Meghalaya Cong MP writes to PM to build women’s markets
- EU removes Pakistan from list of ‘High-Risk Third Countries’