Bengaluru: England batter Liam Livingstone fetched a staggering Rs 11.50 crore deal from Punjab Kings, who also roped in West Indies fast bowler Odean Smith for Rs 6 crore on the second day of the IPL auctions here Sunday.
Among Indians, all-rounder Shivam Dube fetched Rs 4 crore from Chennai Super Kings for his six-hitting abilities while Gujarat Titans bagged another out of favour multi-skilled playr Vijay Shankar for Rs 1.4 crore.
Cheteshwar Pujara predictably went unsold at the auction while Ajinkya Rahae got a base price of Rs1 crore from Kolkata Knight Riders.
However, the first session’s highlight was Livingstone, who hit the million dollar plus mark with five teams bidding for him at one point in time.
It must be mentioned that Livingstone played for Rajasthan Royals in the previous season and didn’t actually perform well on slow tracks but franchises with still slots to filled (minimum 18 per squad) looked desperate for him.
Marco Jansen, the South African pacer, who tormented India during Test series, got Rs 4.2 crore from Sunrisers Hyderabad.
The two teams that engaged in bidding war were SRH and Punjab with more than 20cr and 28 crore in their kitty at start of the day.
- Meghalaya startup is using dehydrated fruits, spices for making snacks
- New Songs Sunday: PinkPantheress, Ankur Tewari, Jazmin Bean & some Christmas joy
- Pregnancy is a genetic battlefield: Conflicts of interest vs mom-dad genes
- Assam: Three civet cats rescued in Nagaon district
- HIV cases in Assam surge with 2,269 more testing positive since April
- What is a DAO? Different types of DAOs