Jammu: Deployed to guard the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district, Army jawans carried a pregnant woman for kilometres on shoulders to help her to reach a hospital, official said.
On Thursday night, Local formation of the Army got a distress call from border area of Tuglu (Noorkote) village situated on the LoC in Poonch for urgent medical assistance to a pregnant woman who had developed labour pain, they said.
The Army personnel responded promptly and with the help of locals evacuated the woman to the nearest civil hospital on a charpoy, they said.
- NFR revises stoppage time of trains to help farmers transport products
- Turning data into sound to listen to whispers of the universe (and more)
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for August 19
- Tripura: IPFT’s silence destroyed its political prospects, says TIPRA chief
- Meghalaya: One dead, another critically injured in coal-mining incident
- West Bengal reports 436 new COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths