Kolkata: Cartoonist Narayan Debnath, the creator of Bengali comic characters ‘Bantul The Great’, ‘Handa Bhonda’ and ‘Nonte Phonte’, died in Kolkata on Tuesday morning after a prolonged illness, said the hospital where he was undergoing treatment.
He was 97.
Debnath, a Padma Shri awardee, died at 10.15 am, an official of the hospital said.
He was admitted to the private hospital on December 24 and was on ventilator support.
- Manipur: How dumping sites turned into street libraries in Tamenglong
- Tripura: Mysterious death of a family, Opposition leader demands probe
- Meghalaya: George Lyngdoh resigns from TMC citing ‘personal reasons’
- Manipur’s biggest achievement in 7 decades: Biren Singh on peace pact with UNLF
- Now, you can fly directly to Bangkok from Guwahati
- ‘Animal’ review: A monstrous attack on feminism, wokeism