New Delhi: President Ram Nath Kovind on Saturday said the Indian Army has been pivotal in ensuring national security and the country is grateful for their service.
Greeting Army personnel and veterans on Army Day, he said the soldiers have displayed professionalism, sacrifice and valour in defending the border and maintaining peace.
Army Day is observed on January 15 to mark Field Marshall K M Cariappa taking over as the first Indian Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army, replacing his British predecessor in 1949.
“Greetings to Army personnel and veterans on Army Day. Indian Army has been pivotal in ensuring national security. Our soldiers have displayed professionalism, sacrifice and valour in defending borders and maintaining peace. The nation is grateful for your service. Jai Hind!” Kovind tweeted.
- Cut off by volcano, Tongans relieved as contact restored
- PM, Jugnauth jointly launch India-assisted projects in Mauritius
- UAE envoy: Yemen’s Houthis used missiles in Abu Dhabi attack
- Israel inks multi-billion dollar submarine deal with Germany
- 5G row: Air India resumes 6 India-US flights after Boeing’s clearance
- Emirates to again fly Boeing 777 to US as 5G rollout slowed