Jalpaiguri (WB): Two people were arrested with leopard and pangolin skins in West Bengal’s Jalpaiguri district, officials said on Thursday.
Acting on a tip-off, personnel of the forest department got in touch with the smugglers as customers, they said.
When the skins were being transported to Dooars from Bhutan on Tuesday, the smugglers were intercepted at Batabari in Jalpaiguri district, they added.
Those arrested were part of an international smuggling racket, forest officials said.
One leopard skin and 2 kg of pangolin skin were seized, they said.
The accused persons, both residents of Nagrakata, have been booked and a further investigation is underway, they said.
- First reward distribution ceremony held at AdtU for researchers
- President Biden says no change in US policy towards Taiwan
- K V S S L V Prasada Rao takes charge as GM of NABARD Mizoram
- Father’s death biggest learning experience of life: Rahul Gandhi in UK
- Leaders of Quad countries launch QUAD Fellowship
- Third party audit for Meghalaya assembly dome collapse