New Delhi: Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan will on Thursday brief the Election Commission on the latest Covid situation in the five poll-bound states, sources said.
This will be the second time when Bhushan will brief the EC top brass on the emerging COVID-19 situation in the country and in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa, Punjab and Manipur in particular.
Earlier, he had briefed the poll panel on December 27. During the interaction, the EC had asked the government to ramp up the vaccination programme in the poll-bound states.
The EC could announce the dates for elections in these five states in the next few days.
- Sikkim Republic Day celebration to be low-key
- Arunachal R-Day tableau to display Anglo-Abor Wars
- ‘Bulli Bai’ case accused used Sikh names to create animosity: Cops to court
- Meghalaya oposition attacks govt, says illegal coal mining continues
- Women’s AFC Asian Cup to proceed as long as there are 13 players: Praful Patel
- Republic Day flypast this year will be ‘grandest’ with 75 aircraft: IAF