New Delhi: President Ram Nath Kovind on Friday greeted citizens on the eve of Christmas and urged them to resolve to build a society based on the values of justice and liberty by adopting the ideals and teachings of Jesus Christ in their lives.
Christmas is celebrated on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Jesus Christ, he said, adding that the festival instills peace, harmony and compassion in the lives of people and also promotes unity and fraternity in the society.
“Jesus Christ’s message of love and compassion continues to inspire the entire humanity even today,” Kovind said.
“On this occasion, let us resolve to build such a society that is based on the values of justice and liberty by adopting the ideals and teachings of Jesus Christ in our lives,” he said.
In a message, President Kovind said, “On the auspicious occasion of Christmas, I extend my warm greetings and best wishes to all the fellow citizens, especially our Christian brothers and sisters,” according to a statement issued by the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for Jan 22
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for Jan 22
- R-Day parade: Navy’s tableau to depict 1946 uprising
- India launches its first Crypto Index – What does it mean for the country?
- This Assam author’s book teaches kids about race, size, gender inclusivity
- Lata Mangeshkar showing signs of improvement, in ICU