In a new twist to the Sheena Bora murder case, former media executive Indrani Mukerjea, accused of murdering her daughter has written to CBI claiming to have heard that her daughter is alive and is in Kashmir. She further requested the agency to investigate the same.
Indrani claimed having met a prisoner who told her that she had met Sheena Bora in Kashmir, her lawyer told national media, adding that she will move a formal application for bail.
Indrani has been in Mumbai’s Byculla prison since 2015 when she was arrested for the murder of the 25-year-old from her first marriage whom she had passed off for years as her sister.
Three months after Indrani was arrested, her ex-husband Peter Mukerjea too went behind bars on charges of helping her in the murder.
According to reports, Investigators are not taking her latest claim too seriously and say that Sheena was murdered by her and was helped in doing so by her driver Shyamvar Rai and her second husband Sanjeev Khanna.
Indrani reportedly did so because she was outrageous over Sheena Bora’s relationship with Rahul Mukerjea, Peter Mukerjea’s son from his earlier marriage.
According to the CBI, Sheena Bora had threatened to expose her mother after a dispute between them related to financial issues and after the murder, Indrani reportedly told everyone that she had moved to the States.
It was not until three years later that the murder surfaced when Indrani’s driver was arrested in another case and based on his statement, Sheena’s half-burnt body was dug up from a forest near Mumbai.
Tens of witnesses recorded their statements in the trial which began in 2017.
- Northeast industrial body hails Budget 2023 as ‘growth-oriented’
- Assam: G-20 delegates visit Kaziranga ahead of first series of events
- SDF demands CM’s resignation, blames Sikkim govt for ‘immigrant row’
- Meghalaya 2023: AICC takes on CM over ‘no development’ remark
- Now, Sikkim CM blames Chamling for taking old settlers’ issue to SC
- Tripura 2023: 400 companies of central forces to be deployed for polls