Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel, called Sardar by his loved ones, was the first deputy Prime Minister of India from 1947 to 1950. He is also called the Iron Man of India.
A barrister, Patel was a senior leader of the Indian National Congress who played a leading role in the country’s freedom struggle and is said to have been the man who united all provinces into becoming one independent sovereign.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel acted as the Home Minister during the political integration of India and the Indo-Pak war of 1947.
On his 71st death anniversary, here’s how netizens have been paying tributes to the leader.
Also read: Meghalaya passes Gaming, Rural Employment Guarantee Act
- Ties with China cannot progress without peace at border: Jaishankar
- Bengal panchayat polls to be held on July 8
- 2 Bangladesh border guards trespass into Meghalaya, threaten locals
- Manipur situation ‘peaceful’, centre okays Rs 101-cr package for displaced people
- One crore saplings to be planted on Gandhi Jayanti: Assam CM
- Arunachal Christian Forum expresses concern over Manipur violence