Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, popularly known as Babasaheb Ambedkar, passed away on Dec 6, 1956, and this day is observed as Mahaparinirvan Diwas. Babasaheb was the chief architect of the Indian Constitution. Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2021 marks Dr BR Ambedkar’s 65th death anniversary.
The meaning of Mahaparinirvan?
As per Buddhist tradition, ‘Parinirvana’ refers to someone who has attained nirvana in his lifetime and after death. BR Ambedkar’s death anniversary is referred to as Mahaparinirvan Diwas as he renounced Hinduism and inspired the Dalit Buddhist movement in the country. Mahaparinirvan Diwas signifies an equal society that B R Ambedkar had visualised for India.
The President of India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and many others extended tribute to Babasaheb Ambedkar on his death anniversary.
Sonowal inaugurates Integrated AYUSH Hospital in Manipur
- Abrupt floods and drought-like situations in Assam disrupt farming practices
- Assam: Bodofa Upendra Nath Brahma’s birth anniversary observed in Boko
- BJP conspiring against Rahul Gandhi to not let him contest 2024 LS polls: Mizoram Cong
- Assam: Oppn MLA moves bill for land rights in Brahmaputra’s char-chaporis
- Retail inflation for industrial workers remains flat at 6.16 pc in February
- Assam Cabinet approves DA hike for govt employees