Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, popularly known as Babasaheb Ambedkar, passed away on Dec 6, 1956, and this day is observed as Mahaparinirvan Diwas. Babasaheb was the chief architect of the Indian Constitution. Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2021 marks Dr BR Ambedkar’s 65th death anniversary.
The meaning of Mahaparinirvan?
As per Buddhist tradition, ‘Parinirvana’ refers to someone who has attained nirvana in his lifetime and after death. BR Ambedkar’s death anniversary is referred to as Mahaparinirvan Diwas as he renounced Hinduism and inspired the Dalit Buddhist movement in the country. Mahaparinirvan Diwas signifies an equal society that B R Ambedkar had visualised for India.
The President of India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and many others extended tribute to Babasaheb Ambedkar on his death anniversary.
- Australia approves two new medicines in fight against COVID
- International aid reaches Tonga with clean water, supplies
- Omicron in community transmission stage, dominant in metros: INSACOG
- UAE bans private drones after deadly attack on Abu Dhabi
- True honour to Netaji would be to follow his ideology of inclusivity & secularism: family
- BJP eyeing 2/3rd majority in Manipur; Open to post-poll alliance: CM