New Delhi: Home Minister Amit Shah is likely to make a statement in both Houses of Parliament on Monday on the Nagaland incident in which 14 civilians were killed in firing by security forces, parliamentary sources said.
They said Shah may first make the statement in Lok Sabha and then in Rajya Sabha.
Security forces opened fire on civilians killing 14 and injuring 11 more in Nagaland’s Mon district in three consecutive incidents of firing the first of which was possibly a case of mistaken identity, the state police had said on Sunday.
Cong slams Centre over killing of civilians in firing
- No new industrial policy for Northeast yet
- Mizoram police warns amid sharp increase in online fraud
- China: the rise of TikTok sister app Douyin as a powerful consumer tool
- Defamation case judgement against Rahul may become precedence: Nagaland Cong
- Assam, Arunachal ministers meet to discuss border issues
- Women turn small-scale entrepreneurs selling ‘pithas’, ‘larus’