New Delhi: Security has been beefed up outside the residence of BJP MP Gautam Gambhir here after he received an alleged death threat from “ISIS Kashmir”, officials said on Wednesday.
A complaint addressed to the Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central) stated that a death threat from “ISIS Kashmir” was received on the official email ID of Gambhir at 9.32 pm on Tuesday, they said.
“The mail read ‘we are going to kill you and your family’,” the officials said.
In the complaint, a request was made to look into the matter, register an FIR and make necessary security arrangements, they said.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central) Shweta Chauhan said, “We have received the complaint and an enquiry into the matter is underway. We have enhanced security arrangements outside his (MP’s) house”.
However, no FIR has been registered in the matter yet as an enquiry is in process, police said.
Also read: NDPP appeals for early solution of Naga issue
- Assam: Environmentalists envisage ‘zero waste village’ near Chandubi lake
- IIT Guwahati retains 7th spot in ‘Engineering’ category of NIRF rankings 2023
- Nitin Gadkari lays foundation stone for two NH projects in Assam
- CPM leader slams BJP govt on law and order in Tripura
- Manipur violence: Two displaced children die at Mizoram relief camp
- Two dead in shooting near Assam-Arunachal border, 3 missing