In India, Children’s Day, which is also referred to as Bal Diwas, is celebrated every year on November 14 to pay tribute to Independent India’s first prime minister Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru.
Earlier, this day was celebrated on November 20 but as Chacha Nehru loved children, it was decided that his birth anniversary will be celebrated as Children’s Day.
On this day, schools and educational institutions organize various cultural programmes, children come dressed in colorful clothes and teachers deliver special performances to express their love for their students.
The mere mention of Children’s Day brings a huge smile to every child’s face. To make them feel even more special, share these lovely wishes, greetings, quotes with pictures.
Children’s Day wishes & greetings:
- Let’s celebrate the day of innocence and joy. Happy Children’s Day!
- From a child we learn giggling, laughing, and playing. Let us continue to celebrate the day of children.
- Children are the gift of God to us.
- Wishing Happy Children’s day to the child within all of us. Happy Children’s Day to all!
- May the purity of your child’s heart never fade.
- From a child, we must learn to be happy for no reason.
- One hour with a child will teach you a lifetime worth of joy and innocence.
- Childhood is about glee and playfulness.
- May the laughter and innocence of a child last for a lifetime.
- Spend this day with your little buddies. Make a promise to bring joy in their life.
- Kids are the world’s greatest happiness.
- Children are budding stars, the more you inspire them the more they learn.
- Happy Children’s Day, my dear child. I feel blessed to have a blessing like you by my side. I love you very much!
- Let’s join hands on this Children’s Day to make this world a safer place for the little ones.
- Everybody’s best childhood memory was falling sleep on the couch and waking up in bed.
- Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, they make this world a beautiful garden.
- Every little smile on your face brings the boundless joy of parenthood to our heart. All the charm and joy of this day is for you.
- A very warm wish for all the children on this special day.
- On this very special day, we look forward to spending some really mesmerizing moments with you because you’re so special to us.
- On this very special day, let us all celebrate the innocence and purity of our kids. Let them feel precious in every way that we can. Because they are our future!
- If we want to see our future filled with happiness and harmony, we must teach our kids to be good human being more than anything else.
- Your children need more time of you than gifts you buy for them. Let them know how special they are to you.
- Children must be taught how to think, not what to think ..
Inspiring Jawaharlal Nehru’s quotes for Children:
“As they grow up, unfortunately, their natural freedom is often eclipsed by the teaching and behaviour of elders. At school, they learn many things, which are no doubt useful, but they gradually forget that essential thing to be human and kind, playful and make life richer for ourselves and others.”
“The children of today will make the India of tomorrow. The way we bring them up will determine the future of the country.”
“Children are like buds in a garden and should be carefully and lovingly nurtured, as they are the future of the nation and the citizens of tomorrow. Only through right education can a better order of society be built up.”
“The vast army of children across the world, outwardly different kinds of clothes, and yet so very like another. If you bring them together, they play or quarrel, but even their quarrel is some kind of play. They do not think of differences amongst themselves, the difference between class or caste or colour or status. They are wiser than their father(s) or mother(s).”
“Failure comes only when we forget our ideals and objectives and principles.”
“The only way to reform them (children) is to win them over with love. So long as a child is unfriendly, you can’t mend his ways. He can be disciplined, if his attention is drawn to some other activity, like a voluntary body in Delhi (1960s) ‘Bal Sahyog’ used to do. They learn many things there during vocations, without any compulsion of sort and then their minds get diverted to constructive channels.”
“The object of education was to produce a desire to serve the community as a whole and to apply the Knowledge gained not only for personal but for public welfare.”
“Children do not think of differences amongst themselves.”
“What we really are matters more than what other people think of us.”
“There is perhaps nothing so bad and so dangerous in life as fear. Life is like a game of cards.”
“It seldom goes to the timid who are ever afraid of the consequences.”
“Time is not measured by the passing of years but by what one does, what one feels, and what one achieves.”
- UAE shoots down 2 ballistic missiles fired by Houthis over Abu Dhabi
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for Jan 24
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for Jan 24
- Assam: Legislature party-level partnership between BJP, BPF
- Manipur: 22 Myanmar nationals detained at Moreh
- Manipur reports 411 fresh cases of COVID-19, three deaths