Gangtok: The Sikkim Education Department has decided to open schools for all students from October 18. Earlier, the State government had opened schools for students above Class 9 from October 1, but after the upcoming Dusshera break, schools will open for students from classes LKG to eight, as well.
The reason sorted by the department was “positivity rate of COVID 19 has come down considerably, and reopening of all classes can now be considered.”
In a notification released on October 12, it mentions, “All state government, government-aided, and private educational institutions, will reopen from October 18, for students of lower kindergarten to Class eight, also. Initially, only 50 per cent of students should be called on alternative days with parental consent, which shall be further increased based on the monitoring of the situations.”
For central government institutions, directions issued from the central government shall apply. For institutions with no specific guidelines or directions, this circular will apply. All institutions will scrupulously observe all standing COVID 19 protocols, mentions the notification.
- Dravid ‘The Wall’ returns: Team India in best hands say fans
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 16
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 16
- Manipur woman found dead in Gurgaon under mysterious circumstances
- World Food Day 2021: History, significance & this year’s theme
- Northeast lost 5-14% of canopy cover in 20 years, Assam on top: Study