A food delivery agent of Swiggy allegedly shot an owner of a restaurant in Greater Noida, near Delhi, over delay in order. The incident of rage over a simple delay in getting an order ready, led to the death of the restauranteur.
The restaurant owner, Sunil Agarwal, who was killed, owned a restaurant called Mitra which was situated inside a residential complex in Greater Noida.
Agarwal was killed for delaying a Chicken Biryani and Poori sabzi order. It was reported that when the delivery agent arrived to pick up the order, the biryani was ready but a worker informed him that the other dish would take some more time.
Soon, as a result of a heated argument between the delivery agent and the worker, the agent allegedly began verbally abusing the worker at the restaurant.
This was when Sunil stepped in to intervene to settle the dispute and he was shot by the Swiggy agent with the help of his friend.
Sunil was rushed to the hospital immediately by his employees but was declared dead.
“I was called (by the restaurant staff) to say their owner was shot. When I reached, he was still breathing. I first dialled 100 and then for an ambulance. But later, we took him to hospital in our vehicle,” said Rakesh Nagar, a resident of the same locality.
“The delivery boy killed the restaurant owner because there was delay in getting the order ready,” informed police officer Vishal Pandey, adding that three teams have already been formed to catch hold of the perpetrator.
The police have registered a case and have found CCTV footage from the area which is being used to track the delivery agent.
- Book explores historical and spiritual landscape of communities in Northeast
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland