Bhubaneswar: An express train mowed down three migrant labourers from Bihar in Odisha’s Ganjam district while they were walking on the tracks to reach a railway station to return home, a GRP official said on Monday.
The incident took place near a level crossing in Haladiapadar area on the outskirts of Berhampur town, he said.
Around 7-8 migrant workers were walking on the tracks to reach Brahmapur railway station on Sunday night when three of them were mowed down by the Visakhapatnam-Tatanagar Express, while the remaining labourers received minor injuries, he said.
The labourers were working in a local firm and were returning to their home state, the official said, adding that the three persons died on the spot and their identities are yet to be ascertained.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art