Indore: Bollywood actor Manoj Bajpayee on Tuesday filed a criminal defamation complaint against actor Kamaal Rashid Khan alias KRK in an Indore court for posting an alleged derogatory tweet against him, his lawyer said.
Bajpayee filed the criminal complaint in the court of judicial magistrate first class (JMFC) against Khan (46) under IPC section 500 (punishment for defamation).
Manoj Bajpayee urged the court to register a criminal defamation case in the matter, his lawyer Paresh S Joshi said in a press release.
The tweet in question was posted by Khan on July 26 and it defamed the 52-year-old actor and tarnished his image among his fans, Joshi said.
Manoj Bajpayee personally appeared before the court to record his statement, he added.
- Sikkim: Passang Tamang wins Arithang by-polls
- Assam: Forest Guard dies of bullet injury in Kaziranga
- Second edition of Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition on Sept 24
- Foreign tourists may be allowed to visit India soon
- New Songs Sunday: A brief recap of this week’s releases
- India logs 30,773 new COVID-19 cases, 309 fatalities