Yavatmal: A 24-year-old man died after a helicopter he was building developed a glitch and one of the blades fell on his head in Maharashtra’s Yavatmal district, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place in Fulsavangi village in Mahagaon taluka late on Tuesday night, when Sheikh Ismail Sheikh Ibrahim, a mechanic, was testing his helicopter in his workshop, an official said.
The deceased had been building the helicopter on his own for the past two years, he said.
As per preliminary reports, Ibrahim was testing the machine, when it developed a glitch and one of the blades fell on his head, the official said.
The victim was rushed to a hospital in an injured state and died during treatment, he said, adding that further details are awaited.
Also read: Energy-starved Bangladesh discovers new gas field worth over USD 148 mn
- Here’s how India’s warming nights impact health
- Manipur: Lawyer, businessman file plea in SC against internet ban
- Meghalaya buying power worth Rs 3 crore every day: CM Sangma
- Pakistan may pull out of Asia Cup after SL, Afghan, Bangladesh reject ‘Hybrid Model’
- Odisha train crash: Assam man recalls co-traveler’s severed head on chest
- Meghalaya Cabinet to amend memo on roster system