Neeraj Chopra won the Gold medal in men’s javelin throw, bringing home the first gold for India at the Tokyo Olympics on Saturday. He won the gold in with the second attempt throw of 87.58m. Twitter is overwhelmed with congratulatory messages for the athlete.
A farmer’s son from Khandra village near Panipat in Haryana who took up athletics to shed flab, Chopra scripted history today by winning the Olympic gold. He also became the first Indian ever to win a medal in a track and field event in the Olympics history in 100 years.
Check out how Twitter is celebrating:
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation