Srinagar: Bollywood star Sonu Sood, who is here in connection with the revised film policy of Jammu and Kashmir administration, surprised a street hawker by turning up at his stall and promoting his wares.
Sood took to the streets of a flea market in Batmaloo in the city and started interacting with Shameem Khan, who has been selling shoes and slippers for over a decade.
The 48-year-old actor, who has earned public appreciation for supporting migrant workers during the pandemic, inquired about the rates of the slippers and asked Khan to give him some discount.
Sonu Sood then urged his fans to visit Khan’s stall.
“Whoever wants to buy shoes, come to Shameem bhai’s stall and he will give you a discount if you take my name,” the actor said in a video posted on his Instagram.
“Kitna discount doge? (how much discount would you offer?,” Sonu Sood asked, to which khan said, “20 per cent.”
EM DOCUMENTARY | How COVID, poverty pushed Assam’s Dharamtul village into organ trade
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry