Rotary International President Shekar Mehta paid a goodwill visit to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday, assuring full support to the development of India.
The R.I President mentioned the untiring services towards the downtrodden humanity by Rotary International and also assured full support towards the mega vaccination drive carried out by the government. As Shekar Mehta strongly believes that “Service is the rent that we pay for the space that we occupy on this Earth.”
Rotarian Vivek Krishna Tankha, MP Rajya Sabha, informed PM Modi about the Mega Health Camp to be organized in the rural and urban areas of the country under the name ‘Rahat Medical Camp’.
Mehta also assured that Rotary International will support the government in making Check Dams, and mentioned about the 750,000 crores programmes on education by Rotary in the coming five years.
Modi thanked Rotary International and praised the commendable contribution made by Rotary International and assured of all possible support to Rotary International.
Tweeting about the meet, Mehta wrote, “Had a great meeting with the Prime Minister @PMOIndia Hon’ble @narendramodi, @narendramodi_in courtesy PDG Ashish Desai and @VTankha. Discussed development issues where @Rotary can work with the Govt. Excellent interaction for 45 minutes.”
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion