Guwahati: Lovlina Borgohain won the Bronze after a 0-5 loss to reigning world champion Busenaz Surmeneli on Wednesday. The Indian boxer created history by becoming the first Assamese to win an Olympic medal for the country.
The 23-year-old is also the third pugilist to win an Olympic medal after Vijender Singh (2008) and M C Mary Kom (2012), calling for a much-needed celebration.
Lovlina’s medal has the nation roaring and Twitter is flooded with congratulatory messages.
Let’s check some reactions below:
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion