Guwahati: Lovlina Borgohain won the Bronze after a 0-5 loss to reigning world champion Busenaz Surmeneli on Wednesday. The Indian boxer created history by becoming the first Assamese to win an Olympic medal for the country.
The 23-year-old is also the third pugilist to win an Olympic medal after Vijender Singh (2008) and M C Mary Kom (2012), calling for a much-needed celebration.
Lovlina’s medal has the nation roaring and Twitter is flooded with congratulatory messages.
Let’s check some reactions below:
- ‘The Creator’ looks and sounds brilliant but lacks everything else
- Sikkim: Citizen Action Party proposes ‘peace’ with SKM on Gandhi Jayanti
- Interview: Kenny Basumatary’s journey from ‘Local Kung Fu’ to ‘Jawan’
- Police Bust Illegal Cough Syrup Factory in Meghalaya
- Arunachal: ULFA-I cadres surrender to Assam Rifles, weapons handed over
- Tragic bridge collapse to delay inauguration of Mizoram railway project