Guwahati: Assam Olympic debutant Lovlina Borgohain on Friday assured India its second medal at the Tokyo Olympics 2020 as she defeated Chinese Taipei’s former world champion Nien-Chin Chen in the women’s welter (64-69 kg) category at the quarterfinal bout.
Borgohain will face off against Turkey’s Busenaz Surmeneli in the semi-finals.
The 23-year-old boxer from Golaghat district of Assam was poured with congratulatory messages on Twitter for her outstanding performance. People from her home state and the nation came forward on the micro-blogging site to cheer her for gold.
Let’s take a look at some reactions from Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma and her fans:
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19