Flash flood in Bhagsu Nag, Dharmshala, caused by a cloudburst washed away vehicles and damaged properties on Monday. Locals and authorities, including Mcleodganj SHO Vipin Chaudhary, shared videos of the destruction on Twitter.
People have been sharing videos of cars and SUVs getting washed away.
In Kangra district, 58 km from Dharamshala, heavy rains transformed Bhagsu Nag, a brook, into nothing short of a river by the rapid water flow. There have been reports of major damage to some hotels in the area. In addition to causing chaos, cloudbursts and flash floods have created panic among people.
Many other districts in Himachal Pradesh have been experiencing heavy rains as well. While the downpour brought respite from the northern heatwave on Monday, it caused a lot of damage. While tourists from across the country are flocking to Mcleodganj, the area has been lashed by heavy rain.
Meanwhile, chief minister Jairam Thakur has sought a report on the losses suffered and has directed officials to extend all help to the affected areas.
Also Read | 18 killed by lightning in Rajasthan, several injured
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh