New Delhi: Kiren Rijiju on Thursday took charge as the new minister of law and justice.
A prominent face from the Northeast in the Modi government, MP from Arunachal Pradesh was on Wednesday elevated as a Cabinet minister in a major reshuffle and expansion of the Union Council of Ministers.
Kiren Rijiju takes over the key ministry from Ravi Shankar Prasad, who has resigned from the government.
The law ministry is responsible to defend the government in various courts through its law officers and help ministries draft bills and key documents.
It also plays a role in transfer, posting and elevation of Supreme Court and high court judges.
- DRDO hands over to MSQAA authority holding sealed particulars of Akash missile
- 3 Chinese astronauts return safely after completing six months mission
- Netflix’s Lady Chatterley’s Lover reduces this tale of class conflict to a simple love story
- RBI likely to moderate interest hike: Experts
- Ventilation reduces the risk of COVID. So why are we still ignoring it?
- Does fake behaviour strike a chord with the corrupt?