Bollywood lost one of its brightest stars, Dilip Kumar, to age-related illness at around 7:30 am on Wednesday. He took his last breath at the age of 98.
Kumar’s wife and veteran actor Saira Banu had been with him throughout. Earlier, Dilip Kumar was hospitalized on June 6 after experiencing breathlessness. He was diagnosed with bilateral pleural effusion — a build-up of excess fluid between the layers of the pleura outside the lungs and underwent a successful pleural aspiration procedure. He was discharged after five days. Banu’s last tweet assured fans that he was doing fine and was in need of prayers.
Days later, Kumar’s family friend Faisal Farooqui tweeted on the actor’s official handle and to confirm his death on Wednesday. “With a heavy heart and profound grief, I announce the passing away of our beloved Dilip Saab, few minutes ago. We are from God and to Him we return.”
His death definitely left a void in the Bollywood fraternity and amongst fans. As the news of the death of Bollywood’s Tragedy King broke out, Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed his grief and condolences through a tweet.
Several members of Bollywood film fraternity including Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar, Ajay Devgan and others offered their condolences on social media.
- Mizoram likely to get two RT-PCR mobile vans from Centre
- Ekalavya: Now learn acting from ‘Dronas’ of the art, virtually
- Birajit Sinha is new Tripura Congress chief
- Arunachal CM says have full faith in deputy commissioners
- Centre approves Rs one lakh cr for oil, gas projects in NE: Puri
- Ruckus in Tripura assembly over law and order situation, oppn walks out