Honouring the phenomenal contribution of Vidya Balan to Indian cinema, India Army recently named one of its firing range after the actor. The Vidya Balan firing range is located in Gulmarg, Kashmir.
Balan returned to the screen last month with her unconventional entertainer Sherni. She attended the Gulmarg Winter Festival organized by the Indian Army with her husband Siddharth Roy Kapur in February this year.
The actor was also recently invited to join the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, the governing body behind the Oscars. She is the only one from the country among 395 new invitees, adding yet another milestone to her journey.
An influential icon, Vidya Balan has been depicting strength and courage along with advocating women’s empowerment and breaking social stigma and stereotypes through her characters.
- Constitution guiding light in sustaining democracy: Assam Governor
- Heavy security deployment, prohibitory orders continue at clash site along Assam-Meghalaya border
- Egypt’s president likely to be chief guest for Republic Day celebrations
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever reclaims myth of an African utopia
- Voices still missing from online activism
- Sharp butt pains & more: 5 lesser-known menstrual cycle symptoms