2020 was brutal for businesses in India. While the country reeled under a global pandemic, stores shut shop and businesses were put on hold. This prompted entrepreneurs to reconsider how to continue running their business. The solution was simple; switch to a digital platform.
According to The Hindu, eCommerce saw an unexpected 40% growth in 2020 alone, with small businesses opting for eCommerce platforms to sustain their business.
In order to help these businesses find their online presence, Instamojo created a slew of brand new features for MSMEs. The most prominent of all the features was the premium online store, which included online payments, shipping services, marketing tools, and more.
What is Instamojo?
Instamojo is India’s simplest online selling platform. The company helps power small, independent businesses, MSMEs & startups with online stores and online payment solutions to help them run an online business successfully.
It is completely different from selling on marketplaces like Amazon or Flipkart. With Instamojo a business can build and create their own eCommerce store/website, ship products, manage customers and their data and have full control over their brand.
Instamojo powers 10% of the digitally active MSMEs in India and enables growth for 1 out of every 100 small businesses in the country.
Based in Bangalore, Instamojo is an all in one service provider for all your eCommerce needs. Set up in 2017 by Sampad Swain, Akash Gehani and Aditya Sengupta, the company has grown over time to meet the needs of the Indian business community.
After acquiring eCommerce solutions firm GetMeAShop, Instamojo set up its premium online store for businesses, and revamped existing features to give customers the best experience.
“ We are the go-to solution for small businesses who want to get online and start selling. Businesses can set up their own store on Instamojo without any technical assistance at affordable rates. ” Chayanika Goswami, Director of Public Relations & Communications, Instamojo
Instamojo eCommerce services for small businesses
Instamojo offers different products and features that every Indian business owner can use on a daily basis. Here are a list of the services provided by Instamojo-
Online store –
The Instamojo online store allows customers to upload products and services, manage orders from the dashboard, and collect payments when customers make a purchase. The online store comes with 3 different plans – free, Lite, and Premium. The online store pricing plans start at just ₹8 per day.
Customers who want to explore the store features can set up a free online store at no additional cost and upgrade anytime they want.
What you get with the premium store feature –
- 20+ unique themes to choose from for your eCommerce store
- Marketing tools like SMS and email campaigns to reach out to more customers
- Domains and mailbox
- Marketing features including social posts, campaigns and SEO
- Discount coupons and offers for your customers
Instamojo also offers a special ‘Do-it-for-me’ feature where the team will build the store from scratch for you. Why pay for expensive developers and plugins when you can get everything for a nominal cost with Instamojo DIFM features.
Explore Instamojo online store features
Online payments –
Instamojo offers over 100+ payment modes for small businesses to allow their customers to pay online easily. Over the years, the company has introduced many new payment services to ensure secure, fast, and easy transactions. Once businesses sign up, they can share payment links, integrate payment gateway to eCommerce website or easily collect payments on the Instamojo online store. Instamojo offers the best rates in the industry at a flat 2% + Rs.3+ GST.
Some of the payment features –
- Smart links – Personalised payment links that businesses can generate and add shipping, GST info, customise link design, add expiry dates and much more with smart links.
- Pay button – Collect payments by pasting a one-line code on your web pages or blogs.
- NEFT payments – Track, manage and reconcile payments with 24*7 NEFT payment mode by generating a Virtual account number for your customer
- Request bulk payments – Manage huge orders easily. Send bulk payment requests to customers via Email & SMS
- Credit book -Keep track of payables and receivables in a seamless way on the Instamojo android app, with our Credit Book feature.
Explore the payment features offered by Instamojo
Instamojo also offers benefits like –
- Refer and earn – Businesses can earn rewards and cash bonuses upon referring another business to the platform
- Mojo Developer Program – Affiliate program to allow startups to develop apps for MSMEs
- Faster payouts – Get paid out for all your business transactions instantly, same day or the next day. Works even on bank holidays!
- mojoXpress – Shipping services across 26,000+ pincodes in India with doorstep pickup and delivery.
Explore all Instamojo services
Instamojo X Eastmojo = NorthEast LaunchPad
Instamojo runs regular marketing and promotion efforts for the businesses on its platform. Currently, Instamojo has collaborated with Assam-based digital news media EastMojo to launch a first-of-its-kind NorthEast Launchpad. This initiative is aimed to help startups and businesses from the region get online and start selling.
“The Northeast has a lot of potential. In fact in the past couple of years, we have seen many startups emerge in the region. It would be amazing to help these businesses reach an audience across the country,” said Chayanika Goswami
The event will focus on helping small businesses from the North East explore entrepreneurial opportunities and expand their reach across the nation.
- Sharp butt pains & more: 5 lesser-known menstrual cycle symptoms
- Outdated Covid travel advisories, conflicting norms causing inconvenience to people
- Making efforts to protect rights of baby in foster care in Germany: MEA
- Why our world might look very different if dinosaurs hadn’t gone extinct
- Garo’s colourful 100 Drums Wangala festival celebrated in Assam
- Drones to track Ganja plantation: Tripura CM