Kunal Kamra accused the nation’s leadership, especially Prime Minister Narendra Modi of putting political prestige and pride before common sense and inviting a devastating resurgence of Covid-19 infections that devastated the whole nation.
In an opinion video for the New York Times, Kamra said, “If PM Modi and other political leaders responded more quickly and more effectively, a lot of lives and heartache would have been spared.
“My people are needlessly dying,” Kamra said, adding, “Our government has blood on its hands.”
India has been struggling for weeks amid this second wave. At the peak of the crisis, new infections numbered over 400,000 a day. Since then, the daily counts of infections and deaths have dropped.
- RBI likely to moderate interest hike: Experts
- Ventilation reduces the risk of COVID. So why are we still ignoring it?
- Does fake behaviour strike a chord with the corrupt?
- West Bengal planning green hydrogen plant in Durgapur
- Prior sanction required for direction to register FIR for hate speech, says court
- NKorea’s nuclear program is funded by stolen cryptocurrency. Could it collapse?