Kunal Kamra accused the nation’s leadership, especially Prime Minister Narendra Modi of putting political prestige and pride before common sense and inviting a devastating resurgence of Covid-19 infections that devastated the whole nation.
In an opinion video for the New York Times, Kamra said, “If PM Modi and other political leaders responded more quickly and more effectively, a lot of lives and heartache would have been spared.
“My people are needlessly dying,” Kamra said, adding, “Our government has blood on its hands.”
India has been struggling for weeks amid this second wave. At the peak of the crisis, new infections numbered over 400,000 a day. Since then, the daily counts of infections and deaths have dropped.
- It is time we discussed the impending Deepfake apocalypse
- Sikkim flood: Govt begins process of issuing death certificates for missing persons
- Brahmaputra Valley Film Festival to begin on Dec 14: See details here
- Nagaland: Pastor arrested in ‘Mystery Box’ scam
- Mizoram: Drug-related deaths highest in nearly two decades
- Assam: Fond of Calisthenics? Make sure to attend CaliGames 2.0 in Guwahati