As part of the International Day of Yoga celebrations on June 21, the Yogoda Satsanga Society of India (YSS) is organising online events to promote the well-being of body, mind and soul.
These events – introductory yoga meditation sessions will be conducted by senior sannyasis and are open to all. These sessions will have explanations of the various components of Yoga-Meditation followed by a brief guided meditation.
YSS was founded by Paramahansa Yogananda, who is internationally venerated as an Ambassador of Yoga, emphasised that, “Everything else can wait, but your search for God cannot wait.”
Yogananda’s iconic book ‘Autobiography of a Yogi’ is a universally acknowledged spiritual classic that has now crossed the landmark of seventy-five years since it was first published. It has made its way to all corners of the globe, and has been translated into over fifty languages.
In 2017, the Assamese translation of this classic was released in Guwahati by the then Chief Minister of Assam, Sarbananda Sonowal in the presence of senior monastic Swami Suddhananda Giri and Swami Nishthananda Giri of Yogoda Satsanga Society of India.
• A Public Talk online: “Yoga Is For All” on
Monday, 21st June 2021, 6:30 to 7:30 PM.
• Star Attraction: As a part of the celebration of International Day of Yoga, YSS is offering the spiritual classic “Autobiography of a Yogi” as a free e-book to all interested readers. Download your copy at: yssi.org/AYebook
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Torsa Morning lottery result
- Lovlina: Disappointed, ‘will celebrate Olympic bronze with vacation’
- Ruckus in Assam assembly over boundary clashes with Mizoram
- Tripura: BSF jawan dies by suicide in Khowai district
- Tokyo: Greek swimmers ruled out after COVID-19 cases
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Morning lottery result