Bahraich (UP): A man was arrested from Rupaidiha area on the India-Nepal border with contraband worth Rs 1 crore in the international market, the police said on Saturday.
During the joint patrolling by the police and the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) along the border, the accused carrying 106 grams smack was nabbed Friday night, Additional Superintendent of Police (Rural) Ashok Kumar said.
The accused has been identified as Raju, a resident of Visheshwarganj police station area of Bahraich district.
A case under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act, 1985 was registered against him and efforts are on to identify the others involved in the illegal drug trade.
- Arunachal Pradesh COVID-19 death toll rises to 274
- 28,326 new COVID infections recorded in India, total tally at 3,36,52,745
- Meghalaya: Two minor girls kidnapped, rescued from Assam
- Centre to soon announce new cooperative policy: Amit Shah
- CBIC makes Aadhaar authentication mandatory for claiming GST refund
- Assam govt seeks Centre’s help in popularising traditional weaves