Bahraich (UP): A man was arrested from Rupaidiha area on the India-Nepal border with contraband worth Rs 1 crore in the international market, the police said on Saturday.
During the joint patrolling by the police and the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) along the border, the accused carrying 106 grams smack was nabbed Friday night, Additional Superintendent of Police (Rural) Ashok Kumar said.
The accused has been identified as Raju, a resident of Visheshwarganj police station area of Bahraich district.
A case under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act, 1985 was registered against him and efforts are on to identify the others involved in the illegal drug trade.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24