New Delhi: A lawyer, who has been representing the Election Commission (EC) before the Supreme Court, has resigned from the panel of advocates of the EC, saying his values were not in consonance with the present functioning of the poll body.
Advocate Mohit D Ram was a panel counsel for the EC in the Supreme Court since 2013.
I have found that my values are not in consonance with the current functioning of the EC; hence I withdraw myself from the responsibilities of its panel counsel before the Supreme Court.
I undertake to ensure smooth transition of files, NOC and ‘vakalatnamas’ in all pending matters with my office, he said in the resignation letter.
- Nagaland Lottery September 18: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result
- World Bamboo Day: Assam and its bond with this versatile plant
- US court sets aside proposed Trump-era rule on H-1B visa selection
- Assam: Two militants of newly formed outfit killed in Kokrajhar
- Achieved all, never overstay welcome: Shastri gears up for end of tenure
- RN Ravi sworn-in as Governor of Tamil Nadu