New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Saturday refused to stay the counting of votes for panchayat polls in Uttar Pradesh.
The apex court also said no victory rallies shall be permitted during the counting, beginning on Sunday, or after the process is over.
The State Election Commission, it said, will fasten responsibility on gazetted officers for the observance of COVID-19 protocols at counting centres.
It also directed the state SEC to preserve CCTV footage of the counting centres in states till the Allahabad High Court concludes hearing the pleas before it.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence